Wipro Seating Manufacturing Facility, Chennai
It is located at Guduvancherry, the industrial belt of Chennai, which is about 30kms from city centre.
Wipro had started its very own Seating Manufacturing plant in Chennai in year 2006. With an existing plant which was engaged in making leather shoe uppers only for exports markets, Wipro had a unique advantage in terms of having a workforce with skill set of leather and fabric product development, stitching and finishing.
Chair manufacturing capacity has been over the time upgraded to deliver about 1.5 Lac chairs per annum. It has an elaborate product testing set-up to check compliance to BIFMA Seating standards. A team of well trained engineers and quality professional supervise the production activities. It also boasts to be the only Chair factory employing only women work force.
Factory highlights :
- Started in 1982 for manufacturing of leather productsAbout 4 acre green campus
- New chair manufacturing facility added in 2006
- Over 250 well trained & dedicated employees
- 85,000 sq ft built-up area
- A well equipped Chair testing lab with imported testing machines
- Over 1500 Sq ft of exclusive product experience centre showcasing Furniture, Seating, Lighting, security systems and switches.